Vinh Hung Ancient Tower in Bac Lieu province
Located in Vinh Hung Commune, Vinh Loi District, about 20km from Bac Lieu Town, Bac Lieu Province, Vinh Hung Ancient Tower is popularly known as the only building built in architecture style of Angkor of Khmer inhabitants, which is particularly preserved in the Mekong Delta.
Built in 1911, Vinh Hung Ancient Tower (alternatively known as Luc Hien or Bhad Dhat Tower) is considered one of the historical heritages in the South area.
In the 20th century, archeologists stated that they discover a stele engraved with Sanskrit in a pagoda next to the tower. The bricks, which were used to build the tower, were particularly arranged so tight that we cannot see mortar between bricks. It is 8.9 meter high. Its base is rectangular with a side of 5.6 meters and the other of 6.9 meters. There are hand of a deity made of bronze, a lower part of bronze statue, a stone statue of the goddess, head of Buddha statue and many worshipping objects.
Monks in the tower pagoda chant twice a day at 4 am and 4 pm. Annually, the local inhabitants celebrate an anniversary on the midst of the first lunar month at the tower. The pagoda is the sacred destination that welcomes many visitors and Buddhists from Bac Lieu as well as other parts of the country coming to give prayers for peacefulness and good lucks.
Getting approval letter for picking up Vietnam visa on arrival at International airports of Vietnam (for international flights only).
- Quan De Pagoda in Bac Lieu province
- Phuoc Duc Temple in Bac Lieu province
- Noc Nang field In Bac Lieu province
- Xiem Can Pagoda in Bac Lieu province
- Minh Pagoda in Bac Lieu province
- Luxuriant old longan garden in Bac Lieu province
- Bird Sanctuary in Bac Lieu province
- Tourist Attraction In Bac Kan Province, Vietnam
- Travel guide for Bac Kan province, Vietnam
- Ba Be Lake and National Park