October 4, 2018
Vietnam Visa On Arrival
How to Apply Vietnam Visa On Arrival Online?
It’s not allowed to apply Visa On Arrival from the embassy or consulate directly. Therefore, you have to choose a travel agency in Vietnam, and then you ask this one to apply Visa On Arrival for you. There are many travel agencies which can apply Visa On Arrival in Vietnam now, but you should choose a prestigious company with fast, cheap and good-supporting quality. You can see below guidance for your reference.
Step 1: Click to apply online
You only need to fill in the form with your personal information and type of visa you want to apply. It includes:
- Purpose of visit (tourist or business). Tourist visa is for tourism purpose while business visa is for working purpose.
- Visa type (1 month single entry, 1 month multiple entries, 3 months single entry, 3 months multiple entries, 6 months multiple entries, 1 year multiple entries). You need to choose the most suitable type of visa for your purpose to suit what your need. A single Vietnam visa on arrival allows you to enter Vietnam only 1 time during your visa validity, a multiple visa gives you permission to visit and exit Vietnam as much as you can within the validity of your visa.
- Port of arrival: There are six international airports allowing you to get visa on arrival (Noi Bai International Airport in Ha Noi City, Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang City, Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang City, Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc Island, Cat Bi International Airport in Hai Phong City).
- Entry date & Exit date: Entry date is the date of your arrival and exit date is understood the same way. Remember that you can not enter Vietnam before the entry date printed on your visa and you may not want to get trouble when trying to exit Vietnam after the exit date.
- Email: There are two places to enter two email addresses, you should type both. Please note that you get the approval letter via email, so please type your email correctly. In case you type wrong email, you will not receive your visa approval letter.
- Full name: Enter exactly the same information in your passport
- Gender: Choose your gender
- Date of birth: Choose your date of birth
- Passport number: Enter exactly the same information in your passport. Please note that this approval letter will be issued with the information you are providing. So, if you change to a new passport, you cannot get the visa stamp on arrival.
- Passport expiration date
Step 2: Make online payment
After completing to fill in the form, you will receive an online payment notification. At this step, you can make payment by Credit card via PayPal. It is safe and easy to do. After finishing to make payment, you immediately receive an email informing about your order with detailed information. Your job is to wait for the result. It takes about 2 working days for basic services or faster if you choose urgent services.
Step 3: Receive Approval letter
Within 2 working days, we send to you an email with the visa approval letter attached. For this Approval letter, you have to check carefully to make sure the information is correct. If there are any mistakes or errors, you need to contact to us to revise it to the correct one. This visa approval letter helps you when you get in airplane and it’s required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
When coming to Vietnam
On arrival at your destination airport, you are required to submit your original passport + visa approval letter + Vietnamese visa application form, then waiting to be called for paying the visa stamp fee to get your visa. Therefore, you have to prepare these following documents:
- Print a hard copy of approval letter to show for boarding airplane (the airline staffs check the approval letter before they allow you to board), and it is required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
- Take at least 2 color photos 4×6 cm (straight face, no hat or glasses, white or bright background).
- Fill in the Vietnamese visa application form and attach the photos (We send this form to you when you apply visa with us so that you can fill in it in advance).
- Note that your original passport must valid at least 6 months from the arrival date with at least 2 blank pages.
- Prepare cash for paying visa stamp fee on arrival. It is the fee paying for Vietnam government to get visa stamped on your passport, and has been paid on cash on the arrival date. You should prepare it in US Dollars instead of Vietnam Dong or other currencies to avoid exchange rate difference. This fee is different from the types of visa you apply. You can see the below table for reference.
|Type of Visa
|One month single
|One month multiple
|Three months single
|Three months multiple
|Six months multiple
|One year multiple
After receiving your visa on Visa Counter, you check it again. If there are any mistakes or errors, you ask the immigration officer to revise it. After that, you can enter Vietnam.
Besides, for Visa On Arrival, you still have some special supporting packages:
- Express Service: It takes 2 working days for processing Approval letter, excludes Saturday, Sunday & Vietnam’s holidays. If you need the visa urgently, you can add on this service. This service allows you to get the approval letter faster. For example, you can get the approval letter within 1 working hour, 4 working hours, 8 working houses, 1 working day, etc.
- Privacy Protection: For the standard service, you share the approval letter with many other customers and all applicants’ details are printed on the one letter. The other customers who share the same approval letter with you can know your personal information. The privacy protection service allows you to keep your information more secret. For example, you can choose “one person in one letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your name inside, and “your group in the same letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your group’s name inside.
- On Arrival Support: You normally pick up the visa by yourself at the visa counter when you arrive. With the standard support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, taking care of all procedures necessary to get the visa stamped on your passport. With VIP support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, receive your passport and give it back with the visa in 5-10 minutes, then escorting you to check out via the VIP gate.
- Depending on the service you choose, you have to pay extra money. Please check with the travel agency you apply visa to know the fee exactly.