Using Express Service to Get Vietnam Visa on Tet Holiday 2019
The Tet Holiday 2019 (Vietnam Lunar New Year) is the biggest and longest holiday in Vietnam. In this special holiday, people and people come back to hometown and enjoy the traditional holiday with their relatives. In 2019, the Tet holiday will be from 2/2/2019 to 10/2/2019. Vietnamese people will have total 9 days off to take rest and enjoy it.
In these 9 days, the Immigration Department only works a few minutes each day, so limited applications are approved. The Immigration Officers only process the urgent cases.
If you have plan to come to Vietnam, please apply and obtain your visa before the Tet holiday at least 2 working days. If not, your application will be on waiting list and be processed after Tet holiday.
In case you forgot to apply it in advance, you must use express service to get your visa during Tet holiday.
Vietnamese Tet Holiday 2019
How to Use Express Service?
First, you choose nationality and type of visa you wish to apply:
- Purpose of visit (tourist or business). Tourist visa is for tourism purpose while business visa is for working purpose.
- Visa type (1 month single entry, 1 month multiple entries, 3 months single entry, 3 months multiple entries, 6 months multiple entries, 1 year multiple entries). You need to choose the most suitable type of visa for your purpose to suit what your need. A single Vietnam visa on arrival allows you to enter Vietnam only 1 time during your visa validity, a multiple visa gives you permission to visit and exit Vietnam as much as you can within the validity of your visa.
- Port of arrival: There are six international airports allowing you to get visa on arrival (Noi Bai International Airport in Ha Noi City, Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang City, Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang City, Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc Island, Cat Bi International Airport in Hai Phong City).
- Entry date & Exit date: Entry date is the date of your arrival and exit date is understood the same way. Remember that you can not enter Vietnam before the entry date printed on your visa and you may not want to get trouble when trying to exit Vietnam after the exit date.
Step 2: Choose Express Service
If you do not use express service, your order will be processed after Tet Holiday. Therefore, you should tick on express service and choose the deadline you want to get approval letter. This service allows you to get the approval letter faster. For example, you can get the approval letter within 1 working hour, 4 working hours, 8 working houses, 1 working day, etc.
Besides express service, you still have some special supporting packages:
- Privacy Protection: For the standard service, you share the approval letter with many other customers and all applicants’ details are printed on the one letter. The other customers who share the same approval letter with you can know your personal information. The privacy protection service allows you to keep your information more secret. For example, you can choose “one person in one letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your name inside, and “your group in the same letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your group’s name inside.
- On Arrival Support: You normally pick up the visa by yourself at the visa counter when you arrive. With the standard support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, taking care of all procedures necessary to get the visa stamped on your passport. With VIP support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, receive your passport and give it back with the visa in 5-10 minutes, then escorting you to check out via the VIP gate.
Step 3: Fill out your Personal Information
After finishing step 2, you click on “NEXT” button, then you fill out some more information related to your personal information.
- Email: There are two places to enter two email addresses, you should type both. Please note that you get the approval letter via email, so please type your email correctly. In case you type wrong email, you will not receive your visa approval letter.
- Full name: Enter exactly the same information in your passport
- Gender: Choose your gender
- Date of birth: Choose your date of birth
- Passport number: Enter exactly the same information in your passport. Please note that this approval letter will be issued with the information you are providing. So, if you change to a new passport, you cannot get the visa stamp on arrival.
- Passport expiration date
OR: You can upload your passport photo, we will help you to fill out all information correctly.
Step 4: Make online payment
After completing step 3, you will receive an online payment notification. At this step, you can make payment by Credit card via PayPal. It is safe and easy to do. After finishing to make payment, you immediately receive an email informing about your order with detailed information.
Step 5: Receive Approval letter
We will send to you an email with the visa approval letter attached before deadline. For this Approval letter, you have to check carefully to make sure the information is correct. If there are any mistakes or errors, you need to contact to us to revise it to the correct one. This visa approval letter helps you when you get in airplane and it’s required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
When coming to Vietnam
On arrival at your destination airport, you are required to submit your original passport + visa approval letter + Vietnamese visa application form, then waiting to be called for paying the visa stamp fee to get your visa. Therefore, you have to prepare these following documents:
- Print a hard copy of approval letter to show for boarding airplane (the airline staffs check the approval letter before they allow you to board), and it is required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
- Take at least 2 color photos 4×6 cm (straight face, no hat or glasses, white or bright background). In urgent case, you can take photo at the Vietnam airport. It is around 5 USD.
- Fill in the Vietnamese visa application form and attach the photos (We send this form to you when you apply visa with us so that you can fill in it in advance).
- Note that your original passport must valid at least 6 months from the arrival date with at least 2 blank pages.
- Prepare cash for paying visa stamp fee on arrival. It is the fee paying for Vietnam government to get visa stamped on your passport, and has been paid on cash on the arrival date. You should prepare it in US Dollars instead of Vietnam Dong or other currencies to avoid exchange rate difference. This fee is different from the types of visa you apply. You can see the below table for reference.
|Type of Visa
|One month single
|One month multiple
|Three months single
|Three months multiple
|Six months multiple
|One year multiple
After receiving your visa on Visa Counter, you check it again. If there are any mistakes or errors, you ask the immigration officer to revise it. After that, you can enter Vietnam.
If you are not familiar with getting visa on arrival or you want to save your time on arrival, you can use fast track service. Using support service will help you save much time because our staff will help you to do all the process. And fast track line will help you to check out the VIP gate, so you no need to get in the long line queue. Please add this service on step 2 if you need it.