Vietnam ranks second at Int’l Tourism Exchange
Vietnam receiving the award at Germany’s 2013 ITB in Berlin
Vietnamese tourism came second in the “Go Asia Award – Most popular destination in Asia” at Germany ‘s 2013 International Tourism Exchange (ITB) Berlin , according to the Vietnam NationalAdministration of Tourism (VNAT) on March 12.
The award reflects the outcome of an annual online poll conducted by Go Asia ( www.goasia.de ).
Thailand came top of the poll, with Singapore in third position.
Go Asia, founded in 2003, is a network that specialises in marketing Asia as a destination for travellers. With more than 3,000 small- and medium-sized German enterprises in tourism, the network aims to promote Asia in German-speaking regions through joint marketing activities.
The prize will help Vietnam meet its 2013 goal of 7.2 million foreign visitors and 35 million domestic tourists. Last year, Vietnam catered for 6.8 million foreign tourists and 32.5 million domestic tourists. The sector generated VND160 trillion (approximately five percent of the country’s GDP).
( VNA )
Getting approval letter for picking up Vietnam visa on arrival at International airports of Vietnam (for international flights only).
- Vietnam Airlines offers 27 percent discounts on Europe flights
- Top 10 Destinations on the US Travel Advisory List
- Hoi An, the ancient town
- Thac Ba lake, the first hydro power plant of Vietnam
- Ha Long bay is in the list of 100 Trips You Must Take In Your Lifetime
- Tuan Chau, the Emerald Island
- Ngo Dong river - the beauty of nature (Ninh Binh)
- Exploring the natural beauty of Van Don island ( Quang Ninh)
- Vinh Trang Pagoda - The Most Splendid Buddhistic Pagoda in Mekong Delta.
- Pottery Craft – the Real Pride of Binh Duong