Validity of Vietnam Work Permit for Foreigners According To New Regulations 2021
How long is the validity of a Vietnam Work Permit? Is it possible to extend the duration when it expires? How long is it valid in case of reissuing a Vietnam work permit? How long is it valid in case of new issuing a Vietnam work permit?
1/ General provisions on the validity of Vietnam work permit
The validity of the Vietnam work permit for foreigners is not more than 02 years. According to the new regulations, the extension of work permit can only be extended once and the maximum duration is 2 years.
2/ Regulations on the validity of new-issued Vietnam work permits
The validity of Vietnam work permit is granted according to the validity of one of the following cases:
- The validity of the labor contract is expected to be signed.
- The validity of the foreign party sending foreign workers to work in Vietnam.
- The validity of the contract or agreement signed between Vietnamese and foreign partners.
- The validity of the contract or service provision agreement signed between Vietnamese and foreign partners.
- The validity stated in the document of the service provider sending foreign workers to Vietnam to negotiate service provision.
- The validity has been determined in the operation license of the agency, organization or enterprise.
- The validity in the document of the service provider sending the foreign worker to Vietnam to establish the commercial presence of that service provider.
- The validity in the document proving that the foreign worker is allowed to participate in the operation of a foreign enterprise that has established a commercial presence in Vietnam.
- The validity in the written approval to use foreign workers. Except for the case explaining the need to use foreign workers is not required.
In the absence of any limitation by one of the above conditions, the new-issued work permit will be valid for 2 years.
3/ Validity of Vietnam work permit in case of re-issuance
According to Article 15 of Decree 152/2020/ND-CP stipulating: The validity of a work permit to be re-issued is equal to the validity of the issued work permit minus the time the foreign worker has worked up to the date of application for re-issuance of work permit.
4/ Validity of Vietnam work permit in case of extension
According to Article 19 of Decree 152/2020/ND-CP stipulated, validity of a work permit may be extended according to one of the cases specified in Article 10 of the Decree. But it can only be extended once with a maximum validity of 2 years.
For more detailed information on the procedures for applying Vietnam work permit for foreigners, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org