Do US passport holders require visa for Vietnam ?
American citizens the same as many citizens in the world need visa to Vietnam. United States of America passport holders either can apply Vietnam visa on arrival (Vietnam evisa) with Vietnam Immigration Department on this website OR apply Vietnam visa with Vietnam embassies in the America.
How to get Vietnam visa in USA?
Before entering Vietnam, as a US citizen, you are required by the immigration department of Vietnam to get a Vietnam visa for US citizens. The acquisition procedure for the Vietnam visa for entails the following steps:
1. A personal visit to the Vietnam embassy or consulate in which you will have topresent all required documents for your Vietnam visa application process to begin.
2. Online application procedure for Vietnam visa via the internet courtesy of visa issuance agents that work in hand with the immigration department of Vietnam.
You can choose one of the above two options when seeking a visa to Vietnam as a US citizen at your convenience.
Key points to note when applying for a Vietnam visa for US citizens:
In order to apply for your Vietnam visa for US citizens at the Vietnam embassy, it is important you observe the following:
– The Vietnam visa for US citizens is valid for up to 90 days with single or multiple entries
– Normally the visa application takes about 2 working days to process.
– The Vietnam visa for US citizens cannot be applied earlier than 6 months prior to date of departure.
Contacts for the Vietnam embassy in US:
When seeking Vietnam visa for US citizenship, you can use the following contacts to reach the Vietnam embassy in US:
Address: 1233 20th St NW, Suite 400 – Washington, DC 20036, United States (USA)
Hotline for Consular Affairs: 202.716.8666 or 202.739.1666
Email : email@example.com (for general information)or firstname.lastname@example.org (for consular affairs)
Website : www.vietnamembassy-usa.org
Consulate General of Vietnam in Houston, Texas, USA
Address: 5251 Westheimer Rd, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77056, United States
Tel: 713-850-1233 | 713-840-0096
Fax: 713-840-0159 | 713-871-0312
Website : www.vietnamconsulateinhouston.org
Consulate General of Viet Nam in San Francisco, USA
1700 California Street, Suite 430, San Francisco, CA 94109, California, USA
Tel: 415-922-1707 ext. 115
Fax: 415-922-1848; 415-922-0307
Web address: www.vietnamconsulate-sf.org
Steps to applying online for the Vietnam visa for US citizens
The procedure for applying for a Vietnam visa for Chinese citizen is strictly for air travelers and entails the following steps:
– Checkout the visa application form available online at our website
– Pay the set application fees through us and follow our instructions
– Receive the letter of approval from us in your email within 48 business hours.
– Use this letter of approval to identify yourself when boarding a plane to Vietnam.
– Present your letter of approval, your passport and two of your most recent passport photos at one of the three Vietnam international airports when you arrive there(Tan SonNhat, NoiBai, Da Nang) as you pay the visa stamping fee before you are handed a Vietnam visa.
Requirements for applicants to the Vietnam visa for US
Both applicants for the Vietnam visa by direct application at the embassy and those who apply for the Vietnam visa online through agents’ websites are required to meet the following standards:
– Must have a valid passport you acquired over six months ago. The passport must also have longer validity than the visa in waiting by at least six months.
– Must have two most recent passport photos at hand, that aren’t any older than six months.
– The letter of approval you present must present information that matches that in your passport.
– Must have enough space in your passport considering Vietnam visas are full page stickers and need to be stamped in the applicant’s passport.
– Applicants for the visa online must fill in the visa application form online exactly as shown on their passports.
The visa application process also can be done with a smart phone also.
You authorize to by ticket and fly to Vietnam after you have received the visa approval letter; this is safe for your money.
People should arrive on the valid date. It is between the arriving and exit dates. You can cam any time between these days but you cannot come after the exit date.