Vietnam visa requirement for Jan Mayen citizens
Please be informed that Jan Mayen passport holders are required Vietnam visas to enter Vietnam.
How to get Vietnam visa in Jan Mayen?
There are 2 ways for you to get a Vietnam visa:
1. Apply for your Vietnam visa in a Vietnam Embassy / Consulate:
Since there is no Vietnam representative office in Jan Mayen, please check other countries to find the nearest Vietnam Embassy / Consulate to contact.
In case it is so inconvenient for you to come in person to a Vietnam embassy, applying for a Vietnam visa by post is recommended. However, please contact the embassy in advance to check whether you can obtain a Vietnam visa by post or not.
2. Apply online (1) to obtain an approval letter (2) to pick up your Vietnam visa at Vietnam international airports (in case you travel by air to Vietnam).
Regarding apply online to obtain a visa approval letter to pick up visa at a Vietnam international airport, there are 3 options based on the purpose of your visit:
• Vietnam visa for business purpose with validity for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.
• Vietnam visa for tourist purpose with validity for 1 month only.
• Vietnam visa for transit purpose with validity less than 5 days then visa holders must depart to a third country after 5 days in Vietnam at maximum. You will be granted a transit visa on the condition that you travel by tour and the group must have clear schedule and indemnify of a travel agency that organizes the tour.
You may want to refer to the instructions on how to apply for this kind of visa as below:
– Access our website www.vietnamimmigration.com to fill in your online visa application form.
– Make payment for us (service fee) as per instructions.
– Obtain your visa approval letter via our email.
If you still not receive any approval letter within the required time, please let us know immediately via our email email@example.com
Apply online (1) : means apply online through an authorized agent in Vietnam. An agent must be Vietnam establishment with registered business license and qualifications then can be authorized by Vietnam Immigration Department (Government).
Approval letter (2) : is the official letter approved by Vietnam Immigration Department (Government). There are 2 types of the approval letter: 1) Approval letter for picking up visa upon arrival at Vietnam international airports and 2) Approval letter for collecting visa at a Vietnam embassy.