Vietnam Visa Exemption Policy
Lately, Vietnam permits 16 nationals of the countries to enter their land without a visa. The global survey that was conducted by the planning of residence as well as citizenship on the policies of visa exemption of various countries ranked Vietnam as 81 from the 219 countries that were surveyed. Many countries are exempted from the visa and its fees as compared to the States which has to pay USD 40 to 50. The policy today of the immigration is to exempt as many countries from the policy of visa as possible. It is a notified fact that Japan saw lot of their citizens visiting Vietnam since the requirements of visa eased down.
Rules for visa exemption country wise
- 30 days visa free- Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos and Indonesia are exempted for visa for 30 days.
- 21 days visa free- nationals of Philippines are exempted for 21 days.
- 15 days visa free- South Korea, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Russia are exempted from visa for 15 days.
- 14 days visa free- Brunei is exempted from visa for 14 days.
Rule for Vietnamese-Americans
5 year exemption of the visa applies to the Americans as well as nationals who are married to Vietnamese which grants you to visit Vietnam for 90 days but the validity of the document is of 5 years. There are certain documents which you need to show it at the embassy of Vietnam in U.S.A:-
- Application of the visa exemption in full copy.
- A valid passport that lasts for six months extended trip along with a photo copy.
- Vietnam citizen must fill a form that vouch for you.
- Photographs of 4×6 cm.
- Money order for the fees of processing and you should remember to note the exact fee from the embassy.
- An envelope that is prepaid for visa that will be given back via mail.
Advantage of visa exemption
The exemption of Vietnam visa for 5 years applies to the nationals of States. Getting a five year exemption is a healthy practice and a good time if you are constantly on the move to Vietnam. Those who have relatives and friends residing in Vietnam can go and stay in Vietnam for longer period without checking for the expiry date of the visa from time to time. You can do away with the process of applying for visa each time when you travel. Staying 90 days at a stretch is the usual norm which is considerably good. To break the rule only possible way out is to cross the border. You can extend your stay of the exemption period by using the Living in Vietnam Forum. Expansion of the visa exemption is being demanded by Ministry of Culture and other ministries for countries of Canada, Germany, Spain, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, France and India. The number of tourists visiting the country over the years have increased out of which mostly are from the visa exempted countries. It is a positive step towards visa exemption.
- How to Apply Visa for Vietnam
- Getting Visa at Vietnam Embassy versus Visa on Arrival
- Tips To Get Visa for Vietnam
- How to Get Visa to Vietnam
- Need To Know About Vietnam Visa Application?
- Go Online For Convenient Vietnam Visa Today
- Have You Heard About Vietnam Visa On Arrival?
- How to Get Vietnam Visa
- A Few Words on Vietnam Visa
- Vietnam’s Visa for travel purposes