Procedures For Applying Vietnamese Criminal Record Certificates For Canadian
Canadian residing in Vietnam or Canadian living outside Vietnam can apply for a Vietnamese criminal record certificate for personal purposes. Procedures for issuing Vietnamese criminal record certificates No.1 and No.2 for Canadian passport holders will be detailed below.
1/ Types of Vietnamese criminal record certificates for Canadian
Criminal record certificate is a certificate issued by the agency managing the judicial record database (currently issued by the Department of Justice) and is valid to prove that an individual has or does not have a criminal record; whether or not they are prohibited from holding certain positions, establishing or managing enterprises or cooperatives under the bankruptcy declaration decision.
Currently, there are two types of Vietnamese criminal record certificates:
- Vietnamese criminal record certificate No.1: is the record of criminal records that have not been cleared and do not record criminal records that have been cleared; Information on prohibition from holding certain positions, establishment and management of enterprises and cooperatives shall only be recorded in the judicial record certificate No. 1 at the request of individuals, agencies or organizations.
- Vietnamese judicial record certificate No. 2: is the record of all criminal convictions, including expunged and unexpired criminal records and information on prohibition from holding certain positions, establishing and managing an enterprise, cooperative.
2/ Dossiers to apply Vietnamese criminal record certificate for Canadian
Canadian citizens, when applying for a Vietnamese criminal record, need to prepare the following documents:
* For Canadian residing in Vietnam
- A declaration requesting the issuance of criminal record certificate according to the prescribed form.
- Copy of passport (enclosed with a page with a valid visa, or temporary residence card) and a notarized copy of the temporary residence certificate of the person issued with a criminal record certificate
- Authorization documents in case of authorizing another person to carry out the procedures for requesting the issuance of criminal record certificate No. 1 (in case the authorized person is the father, mother, wife, husband or child of the authorizing person, it is not necessary to issue a letter of authorization). The authorization documents must be notarized and authenticated in accordance with Vietnamese law.
* For Canadian who are not living in Vietnam
Canadian who are not living in Vietnam need to use the criminal record services to apply Vietnamese criminal record. In this case, Canadian passport holders only need to send the service agent the following information:
- Passport copy of the applicant
- Full name, date of birth of parents and spouse of the applicant
3/ Processing time for applying a Vietnamese criminal record for Canadian
Normally, the processing time to get result of the criminal record for a Canadian citizen is 10 working days. In case of special requirements, the processing time may be longer or shorter.
For individuals using urgent criminal record services, processing times can be much faster (from 1 to 4 business days).
4/ Procedures for granting Vietnamese criminal record certificates to Canadian
Canadian passport holders can go directly to the provincial/municipal Justice Department where they reside to apply for a criminal record certificate. The documents must be fully prepared before submission. After receiving the complete dossier, the judicial officer will give an appointment slip to get the results.
In addition, Canadian citizens can also use our company’s criminal record service to carry out the procedure for applying the Vietnamese criminal record. This service is very suitable for those who live far away from the Department of Justice, or are not in Vietnam, or are not familiar with complicated administrative procedures, or do not have time to submit by themselves.
We provide a full range of services related to Vietnamese criminal records for Canadian such as:
- Vietnamese criminal record No.1 service for Canadian
- Vietnamese criminal record No.2 service for Canadian
- Urgent Vietnamese criminal record service for Canadian
- Vietnamese criminal record service for Canadian residing in Vietnam
- Vietnamese criminal record service for Canadian not residing in Vietnam
- Vietnamese criminal record service for Canadian in Hanoi
- Vietnamese criminal record service for Canadian in Ho Chi Minh
- Vietnamese criminal record service for Canadian in Da Nang
- Vietnamese criminal record service for Canadian in other provinces
- Translation service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates into English for Canadian
- Translation service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates into Chinese for Canadian
- Translation service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates into other languages for Canadian
- Consular legalization service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates for Canadian
For more information on Vietnamese criminal records, please contact us via email email@example.com