Procedures For Applying Vietnamese Criminal Record Certificates For British
British residing in Vietnam or British living outside Vietnam can apply for a Vietnamese criminal record certificate for personal purposes. Procedures for issuing Vietnamese criminal record certificates No.1 and No.2 for British passport holders will be detailed below.
1/ Types of Vietnamese criminal record certificates for British
Criminal record certificate is a certificate issued by the agency managing the judicial record database (currently issued by the Department of Justice) and is valid to prove that an individual has or does not have a criminal record; whether or not they are prohibited from holding certain positions, establishing or managing enterprises or cooperatives under the bankruptcy declaration decision.
Currently, there are two types of Vietnamese criminal record certificates:
- Vietnamese criminal record certificate No.1: is the record of criminal records that have not been cleared and do not record criminal records that have been cleared; Information on prohibition from holding certain positions, establishment and management of enterprises and cooperatives shall only be recorded in the judicial record certificate No. 1 at the request of individuals, agencies or organizations.
- Vietnamese judicial record certificate No. 2: is the record of all criminal convictions, including expunged and unexpired criminal records and information on prohibition from holding certain positions, establishing and managing an enterprise, cooperative.
2/ Dossiers to apply Vietnamese criminal record certificate for British
British citizens, when applying for a Vietnamese criminal record, need to prepare the following documents:
* For British residing in Vietnam
- A declaration requesting the issuance of criminal record certificate according to the prescribed form.
- Copy of passport (enclosed with a page with a valid visa, or temporary residence card) and a notarized copy of the temporary residence certificate of the person issued with a criminal record certificate
- Authorization documents in case of authorizing another person to carry out the procedures for requesting the issuance of criminal record certificate No. 1 (in case the authorized person is the father, mother, wife, husband or child of the authorizing person, it is not necessary to issue a letter of authorization). The authorization documents must be notarized and authenticated in accordance with Vietnamese law.
* For British who are not living in Vietnam
British who are not living in Vietnam need to use the criminal record services to apply Vietnamese criminal record. In this case, British passport holders only need to send the service agent the following information:
- Passport copy of the applicant
- Full name, date of birth of parents and spouse of the applicant
3/ Processing time for applying a Vietnamese criminal record for British
Normally, the processing time to get result of the criminal record for a British citizen is 10 working days. In case of special requirements, the processing time may be longer or shorter.
For individuals using urgent criminal record services, processing times can be much faster (from 1 to 4 business days).
4/ Procedures for granting Vietnamese criminal record certificates to British
British passport holders can go directly to the provincial/municipal Justice Department where they reside to apply for a criminal record certificate. The documents must be fully prepared before submission. After receiving the complete dossier, the judicial officer will give an appointment slip to get the results.
In addition, British citizens can also use our company’s criminal record service to carry out the procedure for applying the Vietnamese criminal record. This service is very suitable for those who live far away from the Department of Justice, or are not in Vietnam, or are not familiar with complicated administrative procedures, or do not have time to submit by themselves.
We provide a full range of services related to Vietnamese criminal records for British such as:
- Vietnamese criminal record No.1 service for British
- Vietnamese criminal record No.2 service for British
- Urgent Vietnamese criminal record service for British
- Vietnamese criminal record service for British residing in Vietnam
- Vietnamese criminal record service for British not residing in Vietnam
- Vietnamese criminal record service for British in Hanoi
- Vietnamese criminal record service for British in Ho Chi Minh
- Vietnamese criminal record service for British in Da Nang
- Vietnamese criminal record service for British in other provinces
- Translation service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates into English for British
- Translation service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates into Chinese for British
- Translation service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates into other languages for British
- Consular legalization service of Vietnamese criminal record certificates for British
For more information on Vietnamese criminal records, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org