Tho Ha Communal House in Bac Giang province
Location: Tho Ha Communal House is in Tho Ha Village, Viet Yen District, Bac Giang Province.
Characteristics: Tho Ha, an ancient communal house built under the reign of King Le Hy Tong is surrounded by many old trees.
The structure of Tho Ha Communal House brings many features of the Chinese characters. The praise-giving house is 27m long, 16m wide and stands on a raised ground surrounded by three grey stones steps. Curved up like a scimitar sword blade at the four corners, the roofs of the Communal House are covered with ancient crescent-shaped tiles and decorated with purple-burned glazed terra-cotta creatures such as lion cubs.
Lively images of dragons, clouds, and lion cubs are used to engrave on the 22 mighty levers of the communal house. The praise-giving house is divided into 7 rooms and is supported by 48 ironwood pillars. The roof frame is engraved with splendid scenes. They are the ladies in long dresses wearing their hair in buns or turbans, riding phoenixes and dragons or dancing over the floating clouds that create a unique feature. The floor of the temple is laid with polished blue stones.
The entrance of Tho Ha Communal house is made of wood and painted in golden that makes the atmosphere of the house solemn and magnificent. The inscription on an old tales, relates that Tho Ha Communal House was built through the material contribution of Tho Ha villagers. Even now, it is clearly still honored and cared for with pride.
Getting approval letter for picking up Vietnam visa on arrival at International airports of Vietnam (for international flights only).
- Khe Ro Primitive Forest in Bac Giang province
- Duc La Pagoda in Bac Giang province
- Chan Tien pagoda & the great victory in Bac Giang province
- Travel guide for An Giang province, Vietnam
- Xvayton Pagoda in An Giang province
- Tuc Dup Hill in An Giang province
- Van Giao Brocade Village in An Giang province
- Tra Su Forest in An Giang province
- Thoai Ngoc Hau Tomb in Chau Doc town, An Giang province
- The Mekong Delta in An Giang province